Monday, February 9, 2015

Beautiful Day!

It is sunny, and 79 degrees out right now.  (writing this at lunch time) Woo hoo!

For those of you concerned about my dad, he is better although still in the hospital. My theory is that he got some sort of bug  (stomach bug ?) which made him get sick for a few days, but then he wasn't hungry and eating less and less weakening him and causing him to not be able nor want to do very much. He was sleeping a lot too. I think he got extremely dehydrated which resulted in the kidneys starting to shut down (renal failure).  Sure glad got him in the hospital on Saturday. His creatinine level went from 12 Saturday to 6 yesterday to 3 something today so that is a huge improvement. Hopefully he'll be able to go home in a few days. 

I know from my own experience with one of my daughters how deadly dehydration can be (she got ill as a child and became severely dehydrated).  Elderly folks are bound to be compromised just as little children are when they get sick.  I am going to be more watchful of this with him. I kept asking him if he was okay and he kept saying "Yes".  Note to self, do not believe father who is always in denial if he isn't feeling well.

One of my sisters is there visiting him today so I am trying to get a full day of work in while helping mom out too. She is elderly and can't get around very well so I am making a few meals and such.  Luckily they live very close to me. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment