Friday, February 20, 2015

Oh well

As much as I say I never will work late on Friday, I did. Well I have a hair appointment tomorrow, and am getting it colored so I won't get as much time to work as I normally would on a Saturday.  I feel good about getting more done tonight so that I don't feel pressured over the weekend. Nobody puts the pressure on but me on the weekends.  :-)

And this hair appointment is long overdue since I missed my previously scheduled at least 3 weeks ago. Good thing I am growing it out because I can just stick it in a pony tail when it looks horrid some days.

I enjoyed some Hummus dip & chips and some 3 bean salad today for lunch.  I know I'll probably be farting all night long now.  But it was really good!  Sometimes it is nice changing it up from my yogurt and nuts. Sometime I should go out for lunch with hubby too. I just only take 30 minute lunches so I don't think about taking a nice leisurely one. Besides that would mean I'd have to work longer too to make up the time. Oh who am I kidding I always work the extra anyway. :)

Some may call me a work-a-holic but I do enjoy my time when I don't work!! Honest!  It is just that I have goals.  Sometimes in my line of work it is feast or famine and I also realize that I am not getting any younger and if I want to retire in say 12 years or so I will need to have some retirement funds to fall back on. It is too scary thinking that I'll have to rely totally on social security and who know how stable that will be by then.  Plus there is still more 'home improvement' in the plans.  So think what you may, I am just driven by my goals to get some things done in this 33 year old house and be able to have an option to retire with confidence. Enough about that, going to go sit with hubby for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment