Monday, February 23, 2015

Never far enough South!

Just can't get far enough south to avoid the arctic front.  Right now it is 26 degrees out according to the Internet. This morning there was some drizzling rain turning to ice coming down. Hubby had to scrape the windshield of his truck so that I could get to my dad's to help with his morning catheter.  Hubby was sweet and offered to drive. They really don't treat the roads around here and I wasn't sure how they would be.

Turns out it was much worse in Dallas area and my employer's main office there was shut down for the day.  I was given some different things to cover for those who were out and it made for an interesting day.

I thought for sure when we moved out to Texas nearly 10 years ago now, that I would never have to worry about ice and weather in the 20's!  Ugh!  I can't complain too much since I don't have to drive to work every day.  We've been lucky too that the back porch has not frozen so we haven't had to put salt down for the dogs.

Next week is March right?   This is Central Texas right?....Bring on the 70's March and no teasers...STAY warm !


No comments:

Post a Comment