Saturday, April 27, 2013

Saturday relaxing..

I thought I was working all weekend but I was lucky and got caught up by the afternoon!  Yah! 

So I decided to take one of our furkids for a walk. Just as I got to the furthest point away, I heard some thunder and noticed that the clouds had gotten dark overhead.  I figured we would get wet for sure but it actually held off until I got around the bend from home and then it didn't rain too much at all until after we had gotten home.  Who says God doesn't answer little prayers? :)

I did stop up the street because I heard a wood pecker.  It was at the top of a telephone pole pecking away.  It was funny to hear.  I looked up and said "Hey Woody"!  It stopped pecking but didn't fly away. That made me smile but then we hurried the rest of the way home as it was starting to sprinkle then.

It didn't rain much longer but we are due to get some storms tonight after midnight. Figures! 

The Red Poppy festival was today and while I toyed with the idea of going to see Restless Heart this evening, we decided to pass as there was a chance of rain and parking would have been horrible.  So instead we went out to eat at Chili's.  It was nice as it has been a long time since we've eaten there. There were a lot of teens there eating out before their Prom.  It was cute seeing them all dressed up, though I had to chuckle at some of the girls who kept pulling their dresses up at the top (that's the problem with strapless dresses). 

Back home we sat at on the back balcony for a little bit. It was cloudy so I can't say that we were watching the sun set, but it was nice.  It is still in the low 70's out. 

I see Justin Timberlake is hosting SNL tonight (re-run) so maybe I'll be able to watch it as I didn't stay awake the first time it was on.

No comments:

Post a Comment