Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday Morning..

Unlike many who are probably scrambling to get their taxes done, I got ours done early and mailed it in already.  I have plenty on the agenda today though so that's a good thing! 

I already spent some time cleaning the living room floor. I damp sponged the laminate floor, then sprinkled some Arm & Hammer carpet cleaner on the area rug and vacuumed it up very slowly. There was a lot of dirt/soot in the canister which I know clogs it up some, so I emptied it 3 times.  Granted it was not full but there was a lot of it, considering it had just been swept on Monday by my ex-cleaning lady.

I also have a lot of work to tackle today but also need to plant the rest of the flowers I bought last weekend and if I can go get some started vegetables, get those in too.  Even though this summer is suppose to be hotter than normal, I can't help myself. I just love trying to grow my own!

Okay so I took just a few photos of my deep cleaning upstairs yesterday. I didn't take any photos of all that the vacuum picked up, but it filled my powder room waste basket and a half!  I did notice that there is a chance the cleaning lady didn't see that the back of the vacuum has a hose adjustment and a floor adjustment. When you use the hose for edge cleaning, you have to change to that setting.  So that may have been the case. However we were both home, so she could have asked us about the lack of suction. Or she could have come downstairs to get that vacuum cleaner (yes we have two). Instead she just skipped it.

Here was that BEFORE Picture
Here is the AFTER (also after vacuuming) . See how even the CARPET looks cleaner?

 Here is the bottom stair of the dog steps up to the bed after I cleaned it. The only way to really get these clean is to use a damp sponge. 
To give a better idea of the before and after, here is a side shot with only the bottom step done. Second step was not done yet.

So NOW I'm happy with how clean it is upstairs. Hate to sound cliche' but sometimes if you want to do something right, you got to do it yourself. 

I'll take some pics this afternoon of the back balcony to post either later or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment