Thursday, April 11, 2013

Saw the doc...

Finally saw the gyno today for an exam. I found a new one nearby and she was very nice, attentive and we got along great!  She gave me a sample of Estrace for dryness, but I am not sure I will try it. Although it is a cream, still has all those warnings about estrogen and cancer, etc.

I decided to research the Internet instead for any other alternatives. I found a few places where women have had success with olive oil or coconut oil.  So I think I will try using raw or pure coconut oil first.  My gyno told me that because I was thin the skin would be thinning out faster than a woman who was hefty.  Not that she wanted me to gain any weight.  She also gave me a card for a dermatologist near by that is also a woman as she noticed I had a red spot on my upper chest and I gladly took the card. That red spot has been there for a while and sometimes itches and just seems like a unhealing spot. So I better get it taken care of.

She gave me a script for my mammogram and then one for next year to get mammo and bone density. I told her I was planning on only have mammos every 2 years as I don't think yearly is necessary and I've read enough articles about getting too many of them and would rather not increase the chance if getting breast cancer.

She also wanted me to get my next pap in 2 years and I told her I want to do that every 3 years. I didn't point out to her that a large poster right on her wall in the office concerning cervical cancer, etc., had that older women who have had 3 clear paps in a row can go every 2-3 years. I opt for 3. I've never had one that wasn't clear (for 33 years). 

All in all it was okay but I'm glad to have gotten it over with. She asked me about my family doctor and last time went. I told her last time I went was for my pap 3 years ago. LOL.  I exercise, eat right and take my Omnitrition vitamins every day!  (Yes I am a rep for them. I absolutely love their liquid vitamins!!). The doc kept calling me skinny today which I loved!  I am thin but not skinny!

Okay off to relax for the evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment