Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Thunderstorm Tuesday

It was storming pretty badly early this evening.  But it actually reminded me that on Easter Sunday I forgot to blog about the storm that hit us right before headed to sister's for dinner.  I had luckily just unplugged all my electronics (computer, scanner, etc), and was doing some last minute things before we headed out and then I heard it  BOOM!!   The loudest thunder clap I think I have ever heard!  I immediately looked out back expecting to see burned ground where lightning struck, but did not see anything.  Hubby thought maybe it hit the house but luckily it did not.  That was really scary!  Especially because we knew it was raining and thundering some but not really that loud until THAT Boom!  If I were a cat my claws would have but stuck to the ceiling for sure!  MEooww!!

It isn't raining right now but there is another storm headed this way that will hit within a few hours. Hopefully though it will be all through before midnight so that we don't have to get startled awake from thunder in the middle of the night!  We are getting some much needed rain at least!  The ground is really getting dry and we are back to water restrictions this year due to it already (or should I say still) being in a drought situation here. 

As long as it doesn't get down to freezing anymore this week I am going to plan to get some flowers to plant on the balcony this weekend. I'm tired of seeing last year's dead flowers! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment