Monday, April 1, 2013

April Fools!




Happy April Fools day everyone!  Well I did it!  I posted every single day last month (except for that one night I remembered after I was in bed).  Not bad, eh?  Have to admit it has been kind of fun. It was interesting thinking about what I wanted to blog about.  I'll try to keep it up as best I can...although I may miss a day or two here and there, but that will likely be when there is really not much to say.
 
Yesterday was Easter.  Had a great time visiting my sister and her family with my youngest and dear Dad.  Yesterday morning I did my normal exercise and then walked all the dogs. When I walked Molly, I saw so many beautiful flowers in bloom, mostly bluebonnets and what my hubby says are trumpet flowers or Texas sans.  I am not sure though but they sure are beautiful!

  So before I left with Merlin I grabbed the camera.  I also took two small drug store bags as there was beer cans, and other trash that I chose for once not to ignore.  There was one driveway that has had a thick telephone book that was flattened out with the pages opened that has been there literally for months!  There was a man raking near that house so I asked him if he minded if I picked it up and put it in the trash. He didn't. One less eyesore along the walk!  (And that Indian that stands along the side of the road..you gotta remember that commercial to know what I'm talking about...would be proud of me - Keep America Beautiful)! Here's the rest of the pictures.

 I even got Merlin to sit nicely for a few pics!

 These are the Bluebonnets - Texas State flower
There were a few other pretty flowers. I found this little pink one all by itself on the ground saying "take me, take a picture of me!", so here it is. The last picture below is all the trash I picked up along my walk. There were two empty cigarette boxes, a dirty diaper, 2 cups, food bag, food wrapper, that phone book and the rest was unidentifiable at this point.  I live in a nice neighborhood honestly!  But there are those few who care less about tossing trash out the window...especially the ones who toss those beer cans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment