Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter Sunday

Happy Easter to those who celebrate it!  To those that do not, Happy Sunday!!










Sunday is supposed to be the day of rest. But how many of us truly rest on Sundays? There are many a Sunday that I work at my desk as opposed to lounging around on my couch watching 'B' movies and playing with the fur kids.  In fact even when I am not working, I still exercise every Sunday and often also walk the dogs. Sundays are often, catch up on laundry and tidy up the house day too. Maybe that is not considered work, but to me anything other than doing nothing is work. 

And today is a special day to those who believe that Jesus died for our sins.   Sometimes when I allow my thoughts to wander I think about heaven, if there is one. I do believe there is because I do not wish to believe we live then die. The end.  It is much more intriguing, even hopeful to think that our spirit never dies. That this time on earth is like a split second to the time in heaven.  Then I wonder how anyone recognizes you when you die, if your body stays in the dirt and only your spirit leaves....without facial recognition, how does that work.  Does one just 'know'? 

Then there's the thoughts about even getting TO heaven. When you die, is it just spontaneous whether you are in where the 'light' is or where there is only darkness (or the only light is a burning fire)? Hmm. about that burning fire, we always equate hell with burning fire. I'm not sure where that came from but if we are only spirits at that point, why would it matter if there were fires?  No flesh anymore to burn. 

Sometimes I wonder if there is an actual line waiting at the Pearly Gates. Perhaps I've watched Heaven Can Wait one too many times. :)  Is there someone there, perhaps God himself with a clipboard as to all the good that I have done in my life and will it be enough?  I do work a lot!  But sometimes I wonder if it is God's purpose for me to volunteer more, like at the local animal shelter?  I haven't done any volunteering this year at all yet, because I have been working instead.  It is selfish that I work instead of volunteer more?  Even though I work so that we can gain a lead on just the household bills? Even though it is so we can get that new roof, new bathroom and gradually new flooring?  I know I could put all these things in God's hands but I think if I don't work so much, that these things will just not come to pass just because I put them in his hands. What if God placed me in this job to give me the opportunity TO work extra and make money for these home improvements?

This post got very 'deep' didn't it?  What better day to bring up these thoughts that cross my mind from time to time than Easter!  Well, off to spend this day with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment