Monday, March 4, 2013

Moody Monday

There was just enough wind last night at oh just before 2:00AM, you know that time that you hate to wake up because it is way too early to get up, to make the flashing on the chimney to our bedroom fireplace rattle and make me stay awake in anticipation of the next rattle or worse. Ever notice that is when time moves more slowly too?  Next time I look at the clock it is 2:04AM...Really?  That's it?  What really sucks is when I've rolled over to all my comfortable positions as I can, and still not be able to fall asleep.  I almost finally got up to go to the bathroom as sometime that is what I need to make me able to try all my positions one more time. But somehow I fell back asleep without having to get out of the warm bed.  That is when the time flew!  Next thing I knew hubby was calling upstairs to tell me it was 7:00AM.

So needless to say I am a bit tired, out of sorts and moody today.  Great.  It must be Monday!

My hubby has been very helpful and has been doing the grocery shopping for us for some time now.  We still plan out a 2 week menu, but couponing? Not so much.  Anyway I asked him today if he is secretly plotting to have me do the shopping again?  To some, shopping is a brainless, necessary task, but I know differently. This last time especially, I asked him to get some canned peaches for a SouthernBelleGourmet dish I was trying out. He did get them but the 'Light Peaches'.  I didn't really want those as they would not taste as good. And instead of getting a 3 lb roll of 80%/20% ground beef he got a whopping 5 lb package of  73%/27%. Yuck! Can you say fatty?!  Instead of buying the smallest turkey breast he could find he bought a turkey 'roast' that was small yes, but it was one of those pieces of meat where they have dark meat and fat, on top of white meat they somehow merge into a roll type of thing and call it a Roast.  We had that last night, and never again.Gross!

There is an art, yes even a skill to buying the right groceries!  He swears he is not plotting to have me take over that chore again, but I'm not so sure.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment