Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunny Sunday

It is sunny out today but only 61 out which may sound wonderful to some but to me being nearly mid-march in Texas, I'd rather it be 75 outside.  I know, I know.  Never happy am I? We did get some much needed rain overnight and luckily by the time it got to our area it was not a thunderstorm (for once).  :)

I am happy that the youngest arrived last night around 10:00PM which was later than I'd like but she wasn't the one driving so that was when she got here.  Within the first hour of her being here with her dog (don't quite know the mix...maybe heeler, maybe catahoula, more like a catahoula with her square jaw), she managed to bother just about every one of my dogs and even got Merlin angry enough that he started fighting a little. The problem with her dog is she is larger than any of mine and likes to play and is aggressive about wanting to play so when Merlin showed his teeth and growled, she thought it was play time and instead of backing off got right in his face.  Not a good thing.  Anyway we got through that. How? By my putting all the dogs but one upstairs as hubby went to bed shortly after Stac got here as he was beat.  He'd been up since around 5:00AM.

This morning I took her dog for a long walk hoping it would calm her down but she was just as energetic afterwards.  I just kept a few of my dogs outside (Merlin being one of them so no fights would occur) and a few went into the garage to avoid her. She did take her dog over to her boyfriend's folks house so she will stay there the rest of the week.  I wish she got along better with our furkids but since she does not I am thankful that she has somewhere else to stay.

Anyway, I'm sitting here watching movies on the Sci Fi channel while she went down to SBSW (South By South West) which is fine but today is the one day I don't have to work.  That's okay, we'll still have the evenings. I have enjoyed just relaxing the rest of today although I am tired, probably because the time change. It will likely take a few days to get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment