Sunday, August 16, 2015

Another start to another week

Here it is Sunday evening. Another week has started.  I got a good amount of work done this weekend and left myself set for a good day tomorrow (ie., not a late night in store...woo hoo!).   I didn't get my office cleaned out like I wanted to but there wasn't enough time.  I did get a few other minor things done such as writing down the medical supplies that were left from my dad passing, like catheters and such. I'm going to call a place I heard about tomorrow that may accept medical supplies as I just hate to throw out perfectly good, sealed unused supplies. 

I made a turkey breast in the crock pot today.  Man that smelled good cooking all day long!  It was hard to not cut a slice in the afternoon.  But I managed to hold off.  We took some turkey and stuffing over to my mom's for her dinner. It made it easy.  There is enough for her to have leftovers for a dinner another evening this week. 

Although there are moments where she gets sad or every teary eyed about my dad's passing, she is a real trooper and is doing well considering. 

My oldest had her first high school reunion this weekend, her 10th.  It is hard to believe she's already having high school reunions! I hope she had a great time.  She married someone from the same high school. I wonder how many married couples there were that from high school? :)  My 40th high school reunion was held in July back east but I didn't go.  A few friends from high school that are on facebook asked me to please go to the next one.  I suppose I could give it a try. It was nice to hear I was actually missed.  I was just back east last August for the oldest's wedding so didn't want to make the trip out again so soon, not that I wouldn't have loved to see the oldest again.  I really don't like to fly!

Well tomorrow is another day....

No comments:

Post a Comment