Thursday, August 6, 2015

Making appointments

You know what is odd about folks in this area, maybe not all of Texas but in this area at least.
When someone tells you they'll be here at 5:00PM, it really means that they may leave their destination by that time and just plan on adding 20-40 minutes from then.  Practically everyone we deal with does this. EVERYONE! I don't know why I keep forgetting this fact and try to always be ready at the time told.

This is a different standard though than when setting an appointment for say the dentist at 1:00PM. What that means is they want you there by 1:00PM and no later, but you'll have to wait until they are good and ready to take you back, so you wait some more.  I don't see anyone ever coming in at 1:25PM saying they had a 1:00PM appointment and not getting a stern look by the person at the front desk. That would be unheard of!

Finally this afternoon, my toe stopped sending me the constant reminder that it was badly injured. I think it is finally on the mend.

I actually watched the first Republican debate tonight on TV.  It was actually very entertaining!
Of course a lot of jabs or even stabs at Hillary Clinton were made but some went after each other, and Donald Trump, new to the Presidential race held his own.  No matter how much I dislike the man, it is hard to not agree with at least some of the things that come out of his mouth.

It is late. Time for bed. Nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment