Monday, August 10, 2015

Too funny!

Now Merlin decided to keep the new family member company this morning. 

Today it got up to 105 in Austin so it probably got that high as well here. I went out back tonight (while it was still light) and the ground is crunchy and brown and cracked!  It is getting to be drought times again here, even with all the rain we had in May.  We didn't get any to speak of in July.  Hopefully we'll get some sometime this month.

I did take a walk this morning and took Molly. But we didn't get far around the bend when she started to go after something in her paw.  Then we started walking again but within a few paces she was at her paw again (the underside).  So this time I felt around and there was a burr, so I pulled it out  I can see why it was bothering her because it had a lot of prickly sharp points. We started walking again but she went after her paw again.  I felt around again and didn't feel anything.  After a few more times of her stopping and digging with her teeth, I decided to pick her up for a little while and we headed back toward home.  I put her down a few times (because she is around 25 lbs and I wasn't going to carry her the whole way back).  When we got home hubby got a flashlight and looked around her pads. She had yet another burr tucked up behind one of her pads. He got it out and then she was fine.  I'm glad it wasn't anything serious. 


No comments:

Post a Comment