Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Gyno appointment

Today I met my new gynecologist.  I found her in the list of approved doctors listed on my insurance provider's website.  I saw she had all good reviews on YELP so I had made my appointment with her. 

You know what I liked most about her?  She LISTENED!!  Yes an actual doctor that listens! Go figure!  She was very nice and answered all my questions and gave me my script for my mammogram which I am going to go to a lab that is right here in Georgetown for. I've been going to the same place for years because I was worried if I went somewhere else, the results would be different.  But she assured me that the digital mammogram machines are the same and that particular company Austin Radiology has all the prior mammos on their computer system (which can be retrieved at any of their locations).  So she convinced me I shouldn't be afraid to make a change and go 3-4 miles away instead of around 15 miles away, just to get a digital mammogram.

I was anticipating that I would be chastised for waiting so long for my pap and mammo but she was actually very nice about it and agreed that 3 years for a pap is fine (with history of clear paps). And she also said every 2 years for mammo is fine.  Although that has been a bit longer than that I was glad that she and I are on the same page as to the frequency of requiring these procedures.

So all in all a good appointment. I did ask her if she is retiring any time soon as my last gynecologist  retired a year after I found her.  She actually knows her. LOL.  She said she has to work for several more years, at least 7-8.  She appears to be in her late 50's to me.  I was happy with the fact that she isn't planning to retire next year! :)  Now to make the mammo appointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment