Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Hump Day Blog

I had taken my book with me the day I was to have jury duty and lost the page I was on. Using the book cover flaps when about half way through is not a smart idea, as they don't go very far and when the book falls, the spot gets lost.  Luckily I wrote the last page I stopped at in my blog (back near the end of February).  So I got a little bit of reading done.

Recently when searching for something to wear in the closet, I got annoyed at the lack of space to stand and look when there are clothes on both sides of the closet (and  not enough room in between them when there is).  So I had asked our handyman/construction guy to come look at doing a closet revamp. You know the kind that transforms a closet into the most functional and usable space possible.  He didn't seem that excited about coming over anytime soon, so hubby and I decided on a much cheaper 'fix' after I looked online at some closet organizer kits. Some were upwards of $1000! OYE!  We ended up going to Home Depot yesterday during my lunch break and bought a plastic shelving unit and 3 canvas bins for a whopping total of $62.15.

We originally were going to place the shelves under that hanging area but since the shelves were 18" deep they still would have made it hard to look at the clothes along the left wall. So we put it on the back wall instead. This way all my tank tops that I wear basically as undershirts or the bottom shirt when I put a button down shirt open over top, can be folded up and placed on the shelves instead of taking up 'hanging' space. This is eliminating the need to hang anything on the other side. YIPPEE! 

Then I moved my jewelry boxes for my costume jewelry to that side so that it would free up space on the clothes wall side.  I used to have them staggered between clothes and the lighting was not great either. Now the lighting is much better and the space is better used.  I still have some more folding and sorting to do. I'll take pictures when it is fully done. 

HERE IS THE OTHER SIDE THAT HAD CLOTHES BEFORE

HERE IS SHELVING UNIT
 I also took some of the winter clothes and put them in a spare bedroom closet.  As I went through some clothing I noticed there are some that I really haven't worn in over a year, maybe over two.  Am I really going to turn into that person that gets rid of clothes that are perfectly fine and not threadbare or 20 years old?  I think so. Maybe for Goodwill. I have to admit to myself when I reach for something to wear, I gravitate to the new clothes not the old.  So what really is the point to hanging onto clothes that I never or hardly ever wear?  It is funny how my wardrobe has transpired. If you were to look at my part of the closet 4-5 years ago and there would be maybe 10-12 things hanging, all drab and from the 80's and 90's.  But hubby convinced me I deserved to get new clothes back then, despite the fact that I work from home.  I can still look good and stylish right?  So since then I have bought some nice things and my wardrobe has gotten a huge makeover. And all those clothes from the 80's and 90's have been long gone. And now with the changes, they'll be room for some more new clothes right?  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment