Thursday, March 10, 2016

Pfft

I got up extra early this morning to get my exercise in so that I could still shower, dress, force myself to eat something for breakfast (thanks to hubby who scrambled me an egg) and get out the door in the rainy weather to make it to the court house before 8:30AM.  I only took a few sips of coffee too so that I wouldn't need to go to the bathroom too much.

I got to the court house and someone who was about to pass me outside asked if I was reporting for jury duty?  As soon as I said "Yes", he told me it was cancelled.  I went in to the courthouse myself in case they at least were taking down the names for those who showed up but they weren't.  There was a young lady just telling everyone it was cancelled.   Here's an idea, instead of indicating on the card to call after 5:00PM the night before, have it indicate to call at least 30 minutes before time to appear. This way if it is cancelled every one doesn't have to waste their time!! What if I were a mom with little kids that I was paying a baby sitter for?  Or what if there was a meeting in Dallas that I had to skip in order to do my 'civic duty'?  I'm glad that I didn't have to spend the whole day there, but still.  I'm sure many were not so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment