Saturday, March 26, 2016

Limestone

Many buildings and structures in Texas are made of limestone. A large part of our house is made of limestone.  We also have a mailbox that we had built for us as we just had a metal rod with a mailbox on it before. It has been there I'd say six years or so.  It had been getting a lot of black mold on it the last few years and has been bugging the heck out of me.  I had bought some expensive non-toxic cleaner to use on it but it was rather expensive so I decided to try something else and save it for something more important (inside the house) versus the mailbox. So I used a wire brush hubby had and vinegar and water and scrubbed it. I spent about an hour on it. I should have taken some more 'before' pictures because some of the sides were a lot blacker than the back. But anyway, here is a before and after picture.  I am very proud of how nice it looks now. The after picture I took was when it was still wet. It looked even lighter after it dried.  It should take at least 3 or 4 years before it starts getting black again. Right?
BEFORE
AFTER

So that is what I did this morning around going to mom's to help her bathe and bring home some laundry.





I finished getting the closet organized too. I took more pictures and added some captions.

CLOTHES ORGANIZED BY TYPE AND COLORS

SHELVING PUT TO GOOD USE

THE VIEW FROM JUST INSIDE THE CLOSET

ADDED SOME BACK TO SHOW HOW THERE WERE ONLY INCHES OF SPACE BEFORE WHEN CLOTHES HUNG ON BOTH SIDES

PROOF THERE IS NOW ROOM FOR MORE :) ;-)

I did not get any reading done but I did get the last thing I wanted to do today.  I went to purchase Turbo Tax and get the returns done but with a Schedule C the cost was over $100 for the version that covered Self-employed. No thanks!  I decided I'd figure out what all I needed to do by researching the IRS website. So I got it done without the help of Turbo Tax.

All in all I was happy with my accomplishments today. Tomorrow will be more of a relaxation day and yes, I will do some reading!! I would like to get some singing in as well.  Hope everyone who celebrates Easter has a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment