Thursday, April 14, 2016

Lobster Bisque

Today during a break, I decided to check out the Vermont Country Store's website as my mom has purchased some things from there and I got an email because I just bought some chocolate covered vanilla drops that they sell that are quite yummy.  My mom and I are going to split the order.

So I was looking at all the things that they had and saw other food categories.  I immediately went over to see if they carried lobster bisque. This is a soup I can never find in the grocery store anymore. Okay I haven't checked recently but don't recall them carrying it or if they did it was forgettable.

Anyway back to Vermont Country Store. They did carry Lobster Bisque but not all the reviews were favorable.  I don't think there is enough actual lobster in the brands they carry either.

So then I went out to the Internet to search for some good lobster bisque.  There are a few companies that ship it out from Maine (where they have arguably the best lobster)!  I checked out one that had pretty good reviews but the only way they ship is Fed Ex, and to keep it cold they use a 2 day delivery so bottom line...if I wanted their lobster bisque the shipping alone was just shy of $40!  Pass!

So I ended up searching instead for a decent sounding 'Easy' Lobster Bisque and found a recipe that I printed out and want to try soon, since my salivary glands have been working overtime all afternoon! :)  I will have to get things besides the lobster tails too, like dry sherry and...crap...a mesh strainer.  I'll have to research that.  Maybe I can just place a clean linen dish towel inside my spaghetti strainer?....
We'll see about that.

Tomorrow is Friday which is always something to look forward to.  


No comments:

Post a Comment