Monday, April 11, 2016

Squirrel Screech

This afternoon while I was working, a squirrel started screeching at the top of its lungs in a tree in the back yard.  I got up and went to find hubby to see if he was upstairs by the balcony.  I knew the squirrels were living in one of our overturned water cans up there.  He was out on the balcony but he had just gone out there to see what the commotion was.  We didn't see anything going on up on the balcony so I came downstairs and went to the powder room to brush my teeth so I could put my Invisalign back in.  The squirrel was still having a conniption so I looked out the back door window. 

Then I opened the door with my mouth full of toothpaste and bolted out back.  Ditzy and Merlin were torturing a poor baby squirrel. I was pretty sure it was in Ditzy's mouth. I shrieked for her to drop it as best I could while trying not to dribble toothpaste and went running toward them.  The squirrel got away and I grabbed Ditzy and yelled at hubby to get the dogs inside. 

He wasn't sure what was going on because I slammed the door behind me and spit out the remainder of my toothpaste and mumbled to give me a minute.  When I finally got done with my teeth I told him about Ditzy getting the squirrel but it did get away. We both went out and saw the little squirrel's tail sticking out from an empty bag behind the air conditioner units.  We left it there and kept the dogs inside for an hour or so.  Then he checked and opened the gate and it ran out of the yard.  So hopefully it is (or will be fine).  I didn't hear the distressed squirrel any more for the rest of the day, but it took me a little while to be able to concentrate on work again.   Never a dull moment with these dogs!

I did spot another critter hanging outside early this evening. Cute!







No comments:

Post a Comment