Saturday, April 30, 2016

Ugh

This morning when I came downstairs I thought it smelled like dog pee but I didn't think much about it.  Merlin had peed two days ago in both the dining room and living room.  He can't go out the back door on his own any more because of a pulled/slightly torn? ligament on his left back leg.  We have taken him the vet months ago about it and it there isn't a lot that can be done about it. Even an expensive operation may not necessarily fix it (because he can just pull and undo the repair).  He can get around once he's up but I pick him up to take him the few steps out the back door. Otherwise he thinks he has to jump and falls on his butt.  It is sad but anyway, I think I didn't take him out soon enough Thursday morning.  We thought we had found and cleaned up where he went but again back to this morning.  I was doing some quick cleaning before I even had coffee, cleaning the kitchen floor and such.  Then I smelled it even more.  There was a large area in the dining room that we had not seen .And it really stunk and had also seeped into the cement (between the tiles). Ugh!  I cleaned it up but I also decided to make sure Merlin goes out a few more times per day than what he usually does.

We lucked out with the storms last night as they weren't really bad and the thunder was not the house rattling kind. :-)   Tonight we aren't expecting any storms so that is nice!  And it has cooled off nicely already. It is down to 71 so that makes for a nice breeze coming in tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment