Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Today I realized...

...one of the reasons why I love it here so much!  We took a back road to the garage where we get our vehicles worked on, in a small town just north of here.  It was so pretty.  Just a few miles from where we live, I get to see farm land, cows and horses.  The air smells so fresh and there is little traffic.  Although I remember there being some rural areas back in PA, they were not as close and not as laid back.  This one town we go through has a population of 450 according to the sign.  It has a post office, one gas station and one bar.  How quaint! 

I sometimes think that I would love to live in a small town such as that. But one of the things that holds me back is, out there it would put us at higher risk for tornadoes (flat land and not a lot around). Also there would surely be more unwelcome critters out there, namely things like snakes.  I know there are lots of snakes that are not venomous but still, I would not really care to see them more often, dangerous or not.
 
So as much as I love seeing the rural farm land I think I will stick to enjoying driving through it rather than ever actually living it.  Although I did tell my hubby we need to go visit the old mercantile building built in 1882 turned Restaurant & Biergarten sometime this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment