Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Post #100 .. 2019

Well I made it to 100 posts so far this year!  Go me!  So some of them, okay most of them haven't been chock full of good stuff but hey I never said I led an exciting life, did I? I just said I'd blog everyday.

We had an adventure today with Bella.  A groomer that we've used in the past agreed to come over after she was done work and groom her for us.  She brought 2 muzzles. One was perfect size for her mouth but she kept trying to bite her, even though I was holding her.  She then got a larger one that she managed to get on while I was holding her mouth shut and put the smaller one over top of it. It wasn't pretty but it did the trick.  Oye!  She just would not let us do anything which is why it was necessary.

Anyway after that was done we both stayed out in the garage where we had set up a table for the groomer and she did her thing.  She really did a great job and Bella has never looked so nice. She trimmed most of her body and even used the clippers on her stomach and underneath her nails (where all the hair grows between the pads).  She did start to calm down but we didn't dare take the muzzle off until she was done.

I think what I'll do is ask the gal what brand the muzzle was and see about getting one and just trying to put it on her occasionally for very short times and then give her a treat so she gets used to it.  Then by the time we are ready to get her groomed again, we can put it on her beforehand and that may help.

She gets so stressed out about being groomed she poops herself.  But maybe that will improve too.  We hadn't attempted it since October so it had been 6 months.  I'd like to eventually get her into the habit of every 2 months  We'll see.  Maybe she'll even grow to enjoy it  It is a goal!  :)

Today has been my Friday eve' since I have Friday off this week.  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment