Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Post #117...2019

So I get these health newsletters via email and generally either skim them or delete them.  But I got one the other day that mentioned something about dental floss and cancer, so that got me curious enough to open it.  I was shocked! I don't have the newsletter anymore but a quick google search summed up what I was reading  "Flossing with Oral B Glide is linked to the toxic build-up of cancer-causing chemicals in the body, research suggests. Scientists found using the go-to brand as part of your oral-health regimen is associated with a higher level of PFAS (per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances) chemicals in the bloodstream." The article also mentioned a specific toothpaste that can contain these same chemicals, Colgate Total, ALSO what I use.  Well that is just terrific! I use both of them and several times a day and have for years. I am someone who strives to eat healthy foods, including a morning smoothie, and I exercise 6 days a week, maintain a healthy weight etc. Brushing and flossing (used to be) part of keeping up with your health!  So it is so upsetting to read that these things I use in my mouth may cause cancer?!  UGH!   How is it that these things are allowed to even be sold?  Needless to say I ordered some non PFAS floss and am going to get some plain Crest toothpaste tomorrow.  Hopefully if there is any build up it can start breaking down some as time passes?  Why is it always something?

No comments:

Post a Comment