Friday, April 5, 2019

Post #95...2019

Friday night, already?  Yup!

Well today was a little longer work day but it was fine and relatively productive. I knew I'd have pizza and beer to look forward to.

It was a cloudy but nice day today.  It got up over 80 degrees.  Tomorrow there is a good chance of rain but it is needed.  I noticed our back yard has a lot of cracks in the dirt.  I didn't think it was that dry yet but apparently it is.  There is a big 10K run on Sunday in Austin too and hopefully that will go okay as it draws a huge crowd for that event.  I don't run so I won't be going.  The most  I ever do is walk with maybe a very short jog.  I have never been a runner, not even in school.

Way back in my youth we were required to take gym class.  I don't think that is required any more.  Anyway we'd play various sports at different times of the year and when we practiced track we'd have to run around the track and I would get so winded that I had to stop and could barely walk. I didn't have any clue about how to pace yourself with a slower jog and so the hatred of running was born during my teen years. I did like the hurdles though (short distances) and short sprints like the 50 yard dash.

Sometime next week I have to finish up our taxes.  I forgot about the jury duty until my sister reminded me about it. We actually were both called to the same jury selection time in December.  I got picked for the jury but she did not.  Anyway it really didn't occur to me that we had to declare that income but I'll make sure I do.  I'm sure many others don't even give it a thought either and forget to declare it.  When you don't get a 1099 or W2 for something it doesn't come to mind.

1 comment: