Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Post #107..2019

Being spring here in Texas means that there is a good chance of severe weather in April and part of May as well including possible tornados and hail.  We have a Severe storm watch until 2:00AM tonight.  Wonderful.

I heard a weather man today on Facebook whom I really like, as he tells it like it is and doesn't try to instill undue worry in folks.  Anyway there was a spot where one could ask questions and this one lady indicated she was new in the area and lives in a 2 story house. She wondered if it was smart to stay on the 1st floor during a severe storm watch and he said yes it was a good idea.  I suppose it is, but we don't have a bedroom on the first floor, well my office was my mom's bedroom but there is no bed in there anymore but rather a large desk and a fainting couch.

We have never stayed on the first floor yet since moving here close to 14 years ago whenever there was a storm coming.  It isn't that I don't think it is safer because it likely is, it is just that to sleep on the floor in the living room just in case will make it hard to sleep and may cause a tiring day tomorrow.

So we are planning on sleeping in our bedroom as normal but I am going to leave the TV on until the worst of it passes (hopefully before 2AM ?) in case there are any severe storm warnings (which are upgrades from watches).  I may take my phone upstairs too but I won't keep it on a I don't want to hear noises from it (well don't want hubby to hear pinging and get annoyed).  I guess I could turn the volume all the way down.

I really hate storms at night. When you can't see what is going on outside it really can be scary.  Here's hoping it comes and goes quickly and doesn't cause any damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment