Saturday, May 3, 2014

All done!

Well I got the rest of the balcony cleaned and what I had left planted!  Woo hoo!


I had taken the 6 small tomato plants that I had gotten when I bought all my flowers last weekend. I  saw I had a few extra pots he could use to plant them in so I called him today to let him know in case he still had them and hadn't planted them yet.  I had told my mom if he didn't want them to just throw them out as they were free.  So when I called him he said he had given them to a neighbor well actually just left them at his house. He called me back and said he was bringing them over. Long story short, he wanted me to plant them in my own garden for him. I could have done that from the start.  I thought maybe he'd enjoy growing some on his own but I guess not at his age. After all he is 87 and has a right to say he'd rather not mess with growing anything.


So here I was with 6 more tomato plants than I wanted.  We had a company out here repairing some cement at our porch and side of the house, so I ended up giving them to the wife.  I was really impressed with this company as we just called them yesterday, the owner came out and gave us an estimate and said they'd do the demo today and the rest within a week.  I half expected him to not show today, which would be typical for around here. Well turns out he not only came but he brought his wife and son and did the entire job today!  We were so impressed!  I thanked his wife for taking up their Saturday and asked her if she wanted the tomato plants so she took them for her in-laws.


Anyway here's the pictures I took today. I'm beat!  We're watching a movie we got recently Angel Eyes with J Lo...looks good.  Back to it.

THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BALCONY, CLEANED AND MOPPED
BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS

PARSLEY AND ROSEMARY

AND JALAPENO, SINGLE GREEN PEPPER AND TOMATOES

THEY'RE BACK!!!  THE LEFT NEST WAS LEFT OVER FROM LAST YR (SOLID AS A ROCK, HUBBY WAS UNABLE TO KNOCK IT DOWN.  BUT THERE IS A NEW ONE ALREADY!






No comments:

Post a Comment