Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day

As much as I tried to make this day go slowly, it is almost over.  I did stop and think about all the men and women in the service now and in the past and thanked them publically (on Facebook) along with my father who served in WWII. I pray that they stay safe as well!




Dinner has been made, barbecued pork chops in the crock pot (it rained today) thin sliced baked potatoes done in the over in a cast iron skillet.  Dishes are done and I just got back from taking Merlin on our 1.6 mile walk. 




It isn't raining anymore and it is getting humid out (my sweat soaked bangs gave it away). 


Had a short goodbye visit from my sister and her son who are headed back to Ohio tomorrow. It sure was nice seeing them and catching up on my sister's life.  I haven't seen her in around 3 years.


My other sister played the perfect host for her and she stayed there since her son is afraid of our dogs and I was not about to keep all 5 dogs kenneled up 24/7.




So it is back to the grind tomorrow.  Good thing is though that it will be Tuesday already. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment