Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Life can change in a split second

I get the news feeds on facebook to the news station back in the town I moved from mostly to keep in touch with whatever is happening back there since I have a daughter that lives there.  Monday I saw a newsfeed about a horrible accident on the Interstate not far from there in which 3 people died.  The photo showed a few very mangled cars, which wouldn't even be able to make out as cars actually.  They were hit but a truck.

Whenever I see things like that I pray my daughter is not involved! Luckily she was not.  Last evening though I was looking around Facebook and spotted a new post to a  group devoted as a memorial for our high school for those in any graduating class that has passed away.  As I read the post it was someone that graduated in my class of 1975 grads.  Wow, a guy I knew was driving on the interstate Monday early afternoon with his wife by his side...and suddenly was dead.  Yes he was in that accident that I saw posted the day before. It is so sad but at the same time makes me stop and realize how quickly things can change, how quickly it can end. 

I won't go into that whole live life as if it was your last day speech because you can't do it anyway!  If I lived every day like it was my last I would not report to work, I'd eat my favorite most expensive foods and stay up until dawn...well if it was my last day I'd want it to last right?!   Then I'd get in trouble for not reporting to work and eventually lose my job, lose tons of sleep staying up until dawn and be bankrupt from spending too much money!

No comments:

Post a Comment