Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Results

Quick post...after all my complaining I DID get a call today from the dermatologist office. Turns out the doctor herself had to have an operation and was MIA for a bit making the entire office behind.  So all is forgiven there.

The results are in. It is NOT melanoma. It is abnormal moles though and they graded them mild to moderate. What does that mean? That means if left totally alone they may come back and continue to change and evolve into cancer.  So they want to do a punch biospy on both (taking a circular punch out of skin). This way the underlying skin and cells around the mole will be removed to keep a good margin of normal cells. That should do it.  I don't mind as I'd rather be on the side of caution. It is a huge relief though and I no longer will jump when the phone rings.  Procedure won't be until 7/2 but that is due to scheduling and they don't think it will harm me any to go another month (as I said these were not cancer). So I'm okay with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment