Saturday, February 13, 2016

Goal and The Year of Saving

At the beginning of this year I decided my theme or mantra for this year was going to be the Year of Saving. My goal is to save more and spend less. I managed to get through the entire month of January without buying anything extra for myself except one outfit and that is because I was helping out a friend's daughter who started a business selling a clothing line (on line).  So that was great for me!  I even managed not to place a Paparazzi order which is hard because I love the jewelry so much!

In keeping with my theme, I have increased the amount of pay that I have slated to go into my 401K from 6% of my pay to 10%.  I am not getting any younger and when I see the pittance of retirement savings I have so far at my age, it is scary, to say the least.  So this should help me build up my retirement savings a bit better.  I really don't notice it either since it is taken out of my pay directly.

So, thus far this year I am feeling good about being on track. Today I got some work done and also got some singing done on SingSnap.  I thought for once I'd post some of the songs I sang (most of them duets).

If you care to listen, just click on the song.

Never Knew Lonely - Vince Gill
All I Have to Do is Dream - Everly Brothers
Need You Know - Lady Atnebellum
Bye, Bye Love - Everly Brothers


No comments:

Post a Comment