Saturday, February 6, 2016

Saturday Musings

I'm sitting here waiting for Stac to come and visit and I decided to write my blog post now in case I forget (or don't feel like it) later on tonight.  I am proud to report that I am on page 124 of the New Passages book I am reading. I plan to read until she gets here too. And the TV is off (which is rare as it is usually on, even if it is only for background noise).  It is really windy today and very noticeable with no TV on. We're having gusts close to 35 mph.  I can hear it whistling at one of the doorways (a sign of poor insulation I know).


Last night I was on my laptop and went into SingSnap (online Karaoke website) to view something and the web cam on my laptop came on.  Since SingSnap gives you the capability of video recording your songs, it must have recognized I had a web cam. Anyway I'm staring at the screen when I realize it is on and see this old, unattractive woman staring up at me.  How did I get so old looking?  There is no way I'd want to video tape myself singing.  Nobody would want to even stay on the page~!   I certainly don't FEEL like I'm 58 years old. But that is a good thing right?  If I looked 58 and felt 58 too, that would really suck!

Thankfully (hopefully) I am keeping the inside of my body as healthy as possible with the walking, exercising, sleeping 8 hours and eating that I do.  I just finished my breakfast which was grits mixed with an organic apple, local honey and a few shakes of cinnamon mixed in.  And a cup of 2% milk.  Hubby had a bacon sandwich (I cooked up a few slices of bacon for tonight's dinner as I'm making twice baked potatoes and adding some real bacon bits to it). We are such opposites when it comes to our eating habits.

I found out that one of my mom's best friends from when she lived in PA passed away today.  I decided not to tell her this morning when I helped her bathe and picked up her laundry to do.  It isn't that she wouldn't be surprised, it is just that I wouldn't want to tell her and then leave her for the day all alone to think about it and her own mortality.  How can she not think about it anyway at age 89?

Well I'm off to open my book again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment