Saturday, February 20, 2016

Morning coffee

As I'm sitting here drinking my morning coffee, I just realized that I didn't blog yesterday. So that means two blogs today. :-)

I thought about it once last night but I got the pizza and went over to my mom's house by myself last night. Then when I got back it was about time for GRIMM to come on and well after that I just forgot about it.  The reason I went over by myself is that hubby had been feeling really bad the last 2-3 days. He didn't tell me until Wednesday night that he had not gone number 2 (trying to describe it delicately here) in 2 days.  For him that is really unheard of. He's one of those every day sort of people.

He was hurting so much he said his kidneys hurt, not to mention stomach, etc. He didn't hardly sleep at all Thursday night to Friday morning (yesterday).  He was getting chills, then hot. I told him if he wasn't better by Monday he needed to find a doctor and go. He's been taking ExLax for the last day and a half.  I was concerned he had a bowel obstruction (that was not going to go away).

Last night I got online and started looking up more home remedies, like baking soda and water, etc and he was going to try one of those today.  But when he came upstairs this morning there was a lilt in his voice.  He was finally going again!  Yippee!!

He also said that he is going to try to eat smarter, like have one burger not two and eat a salad a few times a week. His eating habits are really poor and except for dinner which I often add a vegetable to for me, we eat like opposites. He usually skips breakfast.  I always have something, Special K cereal or English Muffin and always a half an apple (helps prevent gall bladder issues), and milk. Occasionally on a weekend he'll have eggs (especially if we're making bacon too).  Lunch I have gotten into the habit of a salad every day and about 1/2 cup plain yogurt with a little honey on top. If he has lunch it is cold cut sandwiches.  You get the picture.  I'm sure years and years of eating like that isn't good for the body and eventually it will say "ENOUGH".  Well I think it did!

Will blog again later on...

No comments:

Post a Comment