Wednesday, February 10, 2016

I'll take the Good with the Bad

Today I was sort of fretting my Orthodontist appointment as I was told that I would need to start wearing rubber bands. My appointment was at 8AM so I went straight there after my walk today instead of reporting to work first.

My orthodontist schedules 4 people in one time slot. I guess that is because we are not getting the same thing(s) done but it seemed a bit much to me.  An assistant (for lack of a better word) was going to put two metal hooks on my teeth.  I thought they were going on my invisalign or actually I thought they'd already be on them. Wrong.  I think she was fairly new at it because it took her a while to get these two little things on. With a contraption in my mouth to keep my lips out of the way, and a rolled up gauze piece and air hose, etc. it was a pain!!! And she dropped one of them when she was trying to bond it. Luckily dropping it on my shirt and not in my mouth as those things are small! Argh!

She then showed me how to put each rubber band on. I am to hook it to the bottom back where the hooks were put on my teeth on the outside of my very back molars. Then I am to hook it up on the upper tray where there is already a notch hook. Yah..We'll see.

So anyway the Orthodontist comes  over and asks me what I think or how it is or something like that and I told her I have a hard time opening my mouth (which I obviously know is from the rubber bands). So anyway, I then told her I was being like a typical kid and asked her how LONG I have to wear the rubber bands.  She didn't answer that specific question but told me I only have to wear them at night.  That's the good news! :)   She then proceeded to take out the rubber bands.  So I haven't tried to put them in yet but figured I would as soon as I'm done eating for the night (as opposed to bed time when I may just give up).  So hopefully I'll get them in okay.

I spent the afternoon playing with the new hooks that were put in (with my tongue). I sure hope I don't have to have anything more attached to my teeth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment