Sunday, February 3, 2019

Blog #34 2019

I'm watching Superbowl LIII on TV.  I don't really care who wins though I suppose I'd like the Rams to win as they are the underdog.  But I'm watching it for the commercials.  I haven't seen any yet that I think are funny or clever but we're only 25 minutes into the game.

I am always looking for ways to be healthy.  Sometimes when I drink milk I may feel bloated or a little uncomfortable and I have wondered if I may be slightly lactose intolerant but I don't know for sure. I decided to give Almond Milk a try as that is a healthy alternative.  But I also heard or read, to be careful with Almond milk as it may contain  lot of sugar. So I opened the fridge and compared my almond milk to hubby's 1% milk.

The picture on the left is his 1% Milk. The right is my Almond milk. Only 8 grams of Sugar!!
Milk has 12 grams of sugar!  Now I will admit that the milk has no added sugar and the Almond includes 7 g added sugars but bottom line as far as I am concerned is that it is still 8g vs 12 g of sugar in 1 cup of 1% milk.  I'm not going to go down each item either.... my point was the sugar comparison does not reveal more sugar in what I chose to drink. Also 60 calories vs 100 calories and 45% calcium vs 25%.   I'm sticking with almond milk.



No comments:

Post a Comment