Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Blog #43 2019

Today I had an appointment with the dermatologist for my 6 month skin check.  I have to admit I was a little concerned about an area on one of my big toes.  I know I had stubbed it on a step in December and didn't think much of it but there is some discoloring like a wide line and a small dot and so of course I get to thinking about skin cancer.  I looked it up online and luckily most of the evidence I saw involved vertical lines not horizontal and way darker than what my toe looked like.  

So anyway I went to my appointment and she was checking things out and she got to my legs and I showed her my toe.   She was not at all concerned about it and said it looked like it had gotten bruised and it was nothing to be concerned about.  Phew was I glad to hear that. :)   

Any no I am not a hypochondriac!  I have had basal cell carcinoma and have had several suspicious moles removed which turned out to be abnormal.  Nothing major there but as I said it isn't like I haven't had skin issues already.

I got an all clear this time around.  I was happy about that!  I don't go back until August. 

I was a bit surprised about my insurance.  We changed to a lesser priced coverage for health insurance this year but the only reason I did that (went from 'Gold' to 'Silver') coverage was because if we kept the Gold coverage we had to stay inside network no matter what (or chance not being covered if went to someone outside of the network) . I wasn't going to take that chance since we don't even have a family doctor currently.  I can't be limited not knowing what the future holds.

Normally when I go to the dermatologist it is a $40 co-pay and the rest is covered. Not this time. I had to pay the whole $110 something to go towards a deductible.  Ugh.  The only plus side to it though is that I did opt for a health savings account this year that helps with costs not covered so I was able to use that.  It is pre-tax dollars taken from my pay so there is a tax advantage to it.

I got up 30 minutes earlier today so I could get my exercise in before my appointment as it was early. But now I'm getting tired already. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment