Saturday, February 9, 2019

Blog #39 2019

I remembered last night after I had already shut everything down that I didn't blog...so I am doing it first thing this morning.  I got my coffee in hand.

It was very cold yesterday and still is today and we have had some hail, sleet and graupel at times with rain.  Last night in the news, there was mention of a 10 car accident not far from here and this morning on the highway there was another 10 car accident that closed down I-45. It may still be closed.  They don't treat roads here as they do back in the northeast for ice/snow and also people do not have much, if any experience driving in this weather either.   I am not going anywhere today!

Yesterday morning the wind chill was 20 something but I still headed out around 6AM for my walk.  My walking partner was not waiting for me so I started to walk down toward her house and was practically at the cross street.  That was enough for me to assume she wasn't going to walk in those kinds of temperatures but I was already out there, in the dark with my failing flash light. LOL.  So I decided to walk anyway though I didn't take the exact same route.  I stuck around to the better lit roads and did walk some streets that we often walk to see if perhaps I might meet her coming back the other way.  I knew I left the house a few minutes later because I was layering more clothes than usual and so she may have gone ahead.  But I never found her.  

I didn't feel all that cold but it was likely due to being on a mission to see if my friend was out there somewhere. :)   When I got home, hubby and I got Ditzy ready for her walk and went outside and another person that I was sort of keeping an eye out for thought that I was just headed out for the first time.  I told him I had already walked as well but no Jean.  He did tell me she had told him Thursday that she may not walk yesterday. I just wish she would have called me Thursday evening to tell me.  I would have still walked but would have headed out later when it wasn't so dark.  I will be glad when it is much lighter early in the morning. On a good note at the end of the day I was at 12196 steps on my fitbit.

When I was looking out back at the rain/sleet yesterday I saw something that struck me as funny. It looks like our frog is smiling after defeating our dog in a wrestling match ;)

I'll blog this evening although it may be a boring post...looks like just a lounging, watching TV kind of day.


No comments:

Post a Comment