Sunday, February 17, 2019

Blog # 48 2019

Today I worked a few hours this morning.  I took a look at the oven before I got my shower and decided I just cannot put off cleaning it any more.  The burnt smell that takes over the kitchen whenever anything is cooking in the oven is driving me nuts and since I didn't have any other plans today besides laundry, I decided I'd tackle it after my shower.

I think I should have waited on the shower as it was a bit of a work out trying to get it clean. I used a cleaning paste I got from my Norwex friend and a special scrubbing sponge.  It worked fairly well but didn't get everything off.

I tried a magic eraser and a little bit of Dawn dish washing liquid to try to get the glass door cleaner. That worked pretty well so that I can at least see what is in the oven now when something is cooking.

So anywhere here are the before and after pictures.   Keep in mind that this is the original oven and this house was built in 1982 so it is quite likely it is going on 37 years old.  It still works great except for the occasional timer buzzing at random times.  It just goes off and sometimes it is hard to turn it off.
But the way things are made so cheaply these days I'm hoping our oven working for as long as we live here.  :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment