Saturday, February 16, 2019

Blog #47 2019

Today I had lunch at a fairly new restaurant in town.  I think it has been in town for just about a year. I have in the past really enjoyed the meals I have gotten.  I met my Empty Nester's women's lunch group there for a change of pace.  There were 5 of us all together.  I got the tortilla soup which I'm sure was made as it should be.  I didn't recall if I liked it or not but I didn't really care for it a whole lot. It was just okay.  I won't get that again (probably anywhere).  It was nice catching up with the gals though.  One of them travels quite a bit to foreign countries.  I really have no desire to travel and such but feel a bit embarrassed that I don't.  One gal spent Valentine's with her hubby down in San Antonio and I mentioned I haven't been there.  I really don't mind that I haven't. She told me I really need to get out more. Ha-ha.  I think I will just listen to others when they bring up travels or places they visited and not bring up that I haven't been.
Ours is a simple life and we have 3 dogs (and that is the lowest number we've had for years), so we just don't get the travel bug, ever.  When I retire I would love to go on some road trips but we'll just stay at places that will allow a dog or two.

This evening hubby made a wonderful surprise dinner for me.  It was split lobster tail, with white cheddar macaroni & cheese and stuffed mushrooms.  It was wonderful!  Did I take pictures?  YES!
 


Lobster ...yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment