Sunday, January 4, 2015

Long week ahead

This next week is going to seem so long!  First of all it is the first week in 4 weeks that I have to work 5 days in a row. From vacation days and holidays, I've had a break from the Monday-Friday working. And secondly I just worked all weekend too so, it will be more like 7 days in a row now.  But that's okay. Good thing I like what I do.

No stray dogs today to rescue, so it was a quiet day at our house, well relatively.  The dogs are always barking at something at some point or another during the day.  Never a dull moment for very long around here.  Last night I was going to watch SNL but there was a football game finishing up and I fell asleep in the post game stuff and never saw any of it.  Oh well. I'm sure my brain needed the rest. 

Guess there is nothing good on TV tonight. Hubby is channel surfing a lot!  That's what I get for handing him the tv controls and saying I'll be busy blogging and checking emails.

I got a bit creative tonight in the kitchen.  We were having some turkey (chunk of small sliced turkey in the crock pot) and I wanted to use some more of the purple cabbage I had. So I cut up some of that, and also saw I had an onion, so cut that up, still had some garlic cloves so used some of those clove chunks and got out some bacon grease that I had stored in the fridge. Got a slab of bacon grease out and plunked it into my heating cast iron skillet. Then in went the garlic cloves and then the onion and cabbage. Then I remembered I have some chopped almonds left over from buying a bag for some almond cookies I made for the holidays; So I added a handful of those to my stir fry mix.  It turned out good!  I even have some left overs for tomorrow. 

Well I am off to check emails and relax for a little bit before turning in.



No comments:

Post a Comment