Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Windy Wednesday

Today the forecast was for high in the low 40's with winds gusting up to 45MPH from noon until 6:00PM. So what do I do?  I go for my walk anyway after work (well before dinner and back to work). It wasn't too bad on the way down but the walk back was met with pretty nasty cold wind. I just checked weather.com and the feels like temperature is 33 degrees.  Thought it felt colder than that myself, but perhaps my blood has thinned quite a bit after living in Texas for 9 1/2 years. I just got back a few minutes ago and my cheeks are still thawing.

Hubby is making BL(no T) sandwiches and tomato soup for dinner. YUM! That ought to warm me up. I don't like raw tomatoes and besides I am allergic to them slightly anyway. On a scale of 1 - ?, 1 being no reaction, I was a 3 when I was a kid. Not sure if would still show allergic to them now but I still eat everything made with or from tomatoes. Now my ears are hurting a little. I did wear a hat but it wasn't quite enough protection I guess.

I was looking at my email this morning.  Ever notice how there are ALWAYS these emails with special SALES?!  First there is pre-holiday sales, then New Year's sales, then half off sales, you get the picture.  I find myself looking at things for sale and thinking about buying some things.  I think I am a closet shopaholic. Well I don't know about that, I just cannot label myself a shopaholic because my house isn't filled with 'stuff' and my debt level is not out of hand. But it is very hard NOT to buy something when it is 50% off, or Buy two get one free.  I had several things 'bookmarked' to come back to and get but do I REALLY need any of them?  NO!  I have plenty of clothes and 'stuff' that I don't need anything at least not right now.  So I sort of have a second challenge (other than daily blogging).  I challenge myself not to buy anything that I don't need the entire month of January.  So far so good. This also means I better not go to my favorite shop in town where I always find something I want either!  I also have to stay away from the cast iron groups I'm in so I won't be tempted to buy another treasured cast iron piece. See I'm even enticing myself with just the wording?!

At some point maybe the beginning of February I will let myself get one thing I really, really want that is no more than $50, but we'll see. Maybe I'll just see how long I can keep it up.

The hardest part will be the email temptations...no more looking at this sale or that sale no matter how tempting the subject line is. DELETE  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment