Saturday, January 23, 2016

Farmers Market

Since I discontinued Greenling due to their requirements to take delivery every 2 weeks minimum I went to the local farmers market today and will keep doing that for my local veggies shopping.  I had to scrape the windows!  Felt weird having to do that but it was light enough that I could use a credit card.

I got a bunch of food!  I froze 7 packages of a variety of vegetables.

Still have a lot of the cauliflower as it was a big one, beets, spinach, salad mix, Bok Choy, Swiss chard and left over scallions and broccoli and Brussels sprout to have this next week too.  I may try to break up the spinach/salad mix into little zip baggies to see if the servings can last longer.  Could stir fry some of the spinach too.  Hopefully not much will go to waste.  It sucks that hubby doesn't eat any of these vegetables.  Oh well.

The reason I got the salad mix is because I have been getting the bagged salad (due to lack of time to make one) as I like the bags with carrots, & other things included and you guessed it, yes they were DOLE.  Luckily nobody in this state has gotten Listeria from Dole pre-packaged salads but sort of made me not want to go there any more.

I got my hair done today and she did it wrong. I wanted the whole thing colored brown and then a few blond chunks.  She started with some chunks but did way more than the 4-5 she did last time and I should have brought the picture because now it just all blends in together, nothing distinctive.  She just touched upt my brown after finishing removing the foils from the blond (which don't really look blond to me). I kept asking her when she was coloring my brown but she didn't understand me, because she said she was going to do it last, but as I said only touched it up. When I got home I could pull away part of my bangs and yup there was the gray I wanted colored.  I've been going to her for years and we are sort of friends too, so I'm letting it go, but next time when it is time for a coloring which at this point will be a few months away, I'll take a picture and explain it better.  Now that I think of it I think she did the entire coloring brown and then a week later did the chunks last time. I actually don't know why the chunks can't be foiled, then the brown done to all the rest. With the foils on the brown wouldn't get into the blond right?.Let it set and then rinse, etc.

It actually looks more reddish than anything else. Oh well.  I don't really go anywhere often anyway so no big deal, but I wish I could get what I want and it is foolish of me to expect her to remember what she did last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment