Monday, January 11, 2016

Sad day for Bowie fans

I heard the news today about David Bowie as I'm sure many others did as well. I was so very impressed that he was able to release a new Album just a week before his death. He must have pushed on, even when feeling as bad as he looked in his video (Lazarus). 

There are many songs that must come to mind for different people when they think about him.  I couldn't get Space Oddity out of my head and starting singing Ground Control to Major Tom.  So I decided to find it singsnap and sang it in his honor.  

Tonight after I got home from mom's I heard some dogs barking out back. They weren't our dogs but they were high pitched sounding barks so they didn't sound like the dogs next door to me, until I opened the door and saw them bark frantically at the back fence in the corner. I grabbed a flash light and of course all 4 of our dogs came down with me. At first I thought a stray dog had somehow gotten into their back yard because I saw a third fairly large thing with what I thought was white-ish fur and then I saw its face. It was a very large possum hissing like crazy at the neighbor's dogs. I got my dogs in and looked up the phone number for the next door neighbor. Their phone number was disconnected!! I was really concerned for their dogs so I ran over there without even putting my coat on and rang their doorbell. Mr. answered the door and I explained what was going on in their back yard. He was so nonchalant about it, although did go out back and got his dogs inside. If they were my dogs I would have been out there as soon as I heard my dogs barking frantically like that but some people just don't care about their dogs at all. How sad! I don't know how long they were barking like that because I had just gotten home from moms. If we didn't already have 4 dogs, I'd just ask them if they want me to take them off their hands! Okay enough of my bitch session. Going to try to wind down...oh forgot to mention stepped in a big pile of dog poop so prying it out of my new sneaker bottom was fun too (not) !

No comments:

Post a Comment