Thursday, January 14, 2016

What the...?

Well so much for getting 'refurbished' computers.  The one I got in October is already shot. Well I suppose I could take it somewhere to get fixed but it may cost as much as just getting a new one. This morning I was working, systems on life was good. Then nature called.  I came back from using the bathroom and the screen was black.  So I moved my mouse around and still black.  Turned off computer and back on again and it started beeping at me.  I tried to jot down the number of beeps and look up the beep code but I didn't see anything specifically with the amount of beeps I thought I heard.  Tried off and on twice again, to no avail.
Had to go upstairs and use the back up (thankfully have one). 

I had already done the books for my vendor sales for the year too.  I'm just going to write down the figures now. No more keeping the books on a computer.  I'm going to go old fashioned route and keep the dang paperwork.  Yes I know I could have printed out my spreadsheets when I was done but who would have thought my computer of not even 3 months would crash.  Guess refurbished means it is fixed and will work like a charm for 2 months but after that all bets are off...

So..I have been great about not shopping this month so far but I'm going to have to cause this expense but it is work related so it doesn't count. Right?



No comments:

Post a Comment