Monday, January 4, 2016

When I am old...

When I am old....

I will be grateful for any meal made for me..
I will be happy to let my daughter take laundry to do at her house, including my unmentionables...
I will leave the outside light on at night until my daughter has pulled out of the driveway, not when she just closes the front door behind her....
I will not start every other phone call with "We've got a problem"...
I will get a hearing aide if my daughter tells me I need one..
I will unload some of my belongings that I don't need..and not ask for them back two days later...
I will make sure my grocery lists cover at least 1 week's worth of supplies...as opposed to giving out a new list as soon as I get the groceries from the last list.
I will not insist on buying brand name things that haven't been manufactured in 20 years. 
I will be flexible as to meal time if being provided for ...and won't guilt my company into staying longer.
I will try my best to never be house bound, even if its only going out once a week for lunch, and this does not include medical appointments...
I will vow to live each day to the fullest... ..

hmmm...maybe I better print this out in large print and put it somewhere where I'll find it in 30 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment