Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Hump Day

Well the work week is half over now, well actually over half with today being done.  It is all coming back to me now..lol.

My oldest finally got approved by the sellers lender for their short sale first home.  Only took 9 months or about that.  Sure hope this house is worth it! They'll probably stay in this home for a while!

I got a call from Greenling today. This is the place I get local produce and vegetables delivered to me once or twice a month.  I was getting the organic fruit mix until I got all the pears from my mom (she gave us Harry & David for Christmas, and then my brother accidentally sent her two dozen).  So I was eating a lot of pears for a while there.

Anyway Greenling is merging with another company and they will require a commitment to weekly or bi-weekly delivery. I checked out the new company but the selection they offer is no where near the one I'd be leaving.  I guess Greenling wasn't doing well enough so they are merging. Anyway they also were going to offer a smaller amount of vegetables called the medium bushel, for only $12 less. So you'd get nearly half the amount but for only a little over 30% less in cost. Um...no bargain there.   So no thanks.  I'll just start prying myself away from my desk and go to the local farmers market they have on Saturdays a few miles away.

I don't know how many of their customers are going to be fine with a minimum bi-weekly commitment, maybe they won't have an issue with it. But I am the only one who eats what comes from them so I'm not interested.

Okay, now all this talk of food is making me hungry.  Going to go get a snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment