Sunday, January 24, 2016

Reading

I actually started reading a book. Those who know me well...pick yourself up from the floor.  My oldest took on a challenge to read 52 books in a year and I was so impressed, and embarrassed at the same time that I never read books.  I can't remember when the last time was that I read a book.

So I started reading New Passages by Gail Sheehy.  I have only read the Note from the Author so far but I do plan to try to read some every day.  It may not always be a chapter but this way I will gradually get it read.  My goal is to read two books this year.  I know it sounds easy peasy but again we're talking about someone who hasn't read a book in years.  LOL

I got some work done today and also dusted and swept the living room, hallway, and cleaned the powder room too. The entire time I clean I wish I had a cleaning person again.  I just hate it that much.  LOL.  It just gets dirty again so fast.  But for now the living room looks fantastic!  

Watched a little figure skating on tv too.  I'm impressed how so many men can do a quad jump these days!  There just doesn't seem to be enough time for that many rotations.  Impressive!

Thinking about the youngest today too because she is back east where they had over 30 inches of snow over the weekend.  That is a ton of snow.  I sure hope she stays safe and doesn't have to drive anywhere until the roads are good and clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment