Saturday, January 19, 2019

Blog #19 2019

The wind was absolutely howling last night and I kept hearing something banging on the back balcony.  We have some rocking chairs, planters, etc., back there and they seemed to be rearranging themselves.   Although I slept over 8 hours since I was able to sleep in, I was awake about an hour and a half per my Fitbit.  Oye!  It was cold today too, more like typical winter with the high only getting in the low 40's tops.  But it is January so I really can't complain.  The winds have died down by late afternoon so I anticipate a nice relatively quiet night tonight. 

I had the Empty Nester's Lunch club today and there were only 5 total of us there. At first I was a bit disappointed that there were so few,  but what was nice is that two of the other 4 gals hadn't been there in months! So it made me feel good that they cared enough about the group and the friendships that we are all developing to come out today. I know that it can be really easy for those that miss 3 or more lunches to just pretty much hang it up and not bother coming anymore.  There are in fact some women who joined that have yet to come to any of the functions.  After it has been a year (I started with my first post about possible interest of other women in the community last April), I will remove those members that have never bothered to come to a lunch. 

Since I got up a bit late this morning, I didn't have my smoothie until close to 10AM, so I only had a small salad for lunch.  That worked out just fine though so that I was plenty hungry by dinner time for Burger King that hubby was in the mood for.  

Tonight I've been reading some and watching Pit Bulls and Parolees, with Bella on my lap!
Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment