Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Blog #30 2019

I forgot to mention yesterday that it was my oldest daughter's birthday. She turned 31 and it is hard for me to believe how time flies.  Seems like just yesterday she was getting on the bus to go to Kindergarten.

Today our oldest dog turned 12 years old!  Happy birthday Tika~!   Tika is my shadow and I'm glad she is healthy.   She is the last sheltie that we own.


I have owned one or more shelties for about 34 years now!  But about 7 years ago we got a dog that was advertised on craigslist as a sheltie but is actually a papillon.  Now we have two. So I think we are sticking to that breed.  Although I have loved having shelties they are very furry, even moreso than papillons and they bark a lot!  And a few we've had have been really destructive. Our wood plantation blinds in the living room and dining room have teeth marks and deep scratches in several of them.  Papillons are furry too but not as thick as the shelties and smaller (so less fur too).  

Ditzy, our first papillon will be about 9 years old in June too.  She was always the baby.  We got her when she was about a year and a half so we don't really know her exact age. She was the craigslist dog.  She is the best dog!  She just loves to play and doesn't bark a lot or get into trouble.  The new papillon we got does bark a lot when anyone comes to the house.  She was not socialized at all before we got her so that didn't help.  But otherwise she is adorable. 

It was a busy work day which is fine with me as it makes the day go faster.  Tomorrow is Friday eve'.  Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment