Monday, January 28, 2019

Blog #28 2019

Today was a good Monday.  No major events or issues.  I'm sure glad I don't live in the Northern states since the wind chills are expected to get well below 0 degrees in several of the states in the next few days.

I was looking through my desk the other day, straightening things but also looking for the gift cards which I found and used on Saturday. Anyway about a year ago I had an abscessed tooth and I went to an oral surgeon who performed root canal right through a crowned tooth (the abscess was under the tooth beneath the crown).  After the appointment the doctor wanted a follow up a appointment a year later to check on it and make sure the abscess was gone.  I got an appointment card and sort of remembered I had an appointment coming up sometime this month.

Well you guessed it.  I found my appointment card and I missed it. It was for Jan 22nd.  I really thought their office would call and remind me of the appointment.  I guess I'm spoiled as my regular dentist office calls before my appointments.  I even get email reminders for my hair appointments.   But an appointment that was made for a YEAR later... no call? I didn't do anything about it.  I have been trying to find any information as to whether going back a year later is really necessary.  I have no symptoms any more and that crown is still there, etc., so I am not sure I really need to go back.  I would think if it didn't get all taken care of with the root canal, it would have presented some symptoms of returning long before a year later.

I have my regular dentist appointment next month so I think I'll wait until then and ask her if I really need to go back to that other oral surgeon at this point?  I figure one extra month isn't going to matter since it has already been a year.  ;-0)

No comments:

Post a Comment